Know Thyself


When I first started my business – I was asked, “tell me about yourself”.  I froze. 

So, who am I and how do I tell people who I am?

First, I need to know who I am. 

When you know yourself, you will know –
what makes you happy,
how to be happy
how to express your desires
reducing inner conflict
making better decisions for yourself
what motivates you and self-control

Stay grounded and know your values.   Be aware of your struggles and things that set you off.  Feel alive and experience life.

What are your hobbies?  I enjoy reading and writing – forget the artsy things, like crafts and painting. 

Are you an introvert or extrovert?  Both are great at business – they just do things differently.

I am a product of the 60’s – my values and expectations are quite different from someone born in the 90’s.  Be true to yourself.  Those born in the 90’s can offer those born in the 60’s great wisdom and vice versa.

Are you a morning person or can go late into the night?  9pm is bedtime. 

Do you eat three square meals a day.  I love brunch with a mimosa. 

Ask yourself the question: “What have been the most meaningful event of your life?” 

How would you respond if someone said, “I enjoy the sound of your voice”?

Are you able to take compliments?  When was the last time someone complimented you?  How did it make you feel?

Do you like your body? 
What makes you smile? 

What social media posts do you love?  For me it is babies and animals.  They get me every time.

What is your proudest moment in your life?  For me it is my son.  That kick rocks me daily.  He is so smart.  Never challenged by drugs, alcohol or girls.  He humbles me.

Who is your greatest role model? 

You are not too old or too fat or too poor. You are not too slow or too boring. You are simply none of the terrible things you tell yourself. You’re quite the opposite.

You are more than enough.

Comments

Popular Posts