Contentment is boring
What
is contentment and what is boring?
Contentment could
be a state of having accepted one's situation.
Boring
is arousing no interest or curiosity: drear, dreary, dry, dull, humdrum,
monotonous, stuffy, tedious, tiresome, uninteresting, wearisome,
weary.
What
does it mean to say contentment is boring? I am content with my photos I have of myself. Until.... I was asked by a vogue photographer if I wanted to do a vogue shoot. Yes, was my answer. The process was terrifying, challenging and exhilerating.
Staying in your comfort zone can feel nice. If we base on life on feelings, really what would get accomplished? Expand your horizons, and challenge yourself.
I believe in striving for
excellence, not perfection.
What is excellence?
Strive for excellence in
life and in business. Excellence, for me, is about being who I want to be. Stretching myself and learning something new every day.
Here
are some things to consider if you want to strive for excellence in your
personal or professional life.
First, do you know who you want to
be? What are your dreams? You want to lose weight, you want to own your
own business, you want to buy a home, you want to travel, you want
to.......
5 Ways you can Strive for Excellence…
1.
Know yourself. Take 10
minutes, quiet your brain, find a quiet place and write down 10 things that you
want to do and dreams you have or once had. Let your mind wonder, don't allow time,
money, or past failures to be a part of this list.
2.
Now let's list 10 things that you
are good at. I am good at keeping my home clean, being on time, listening
to others, writing protocol manuals, cooking, etc..... Can you take pride
in these things that you are good at?
3.
Believe that you will make a
difference with your contributions. Make a difference in your home, in
your school, in your neighborhood, in your town, with your friends, with your
social media following.
4.
Practice gratitude. Keep a gratitude journal and add to it every day.
Share your gratitude with others, post it on social media. Nurture the friendships you have;
good friends don’t come along every day. Compliment people daily.
5. Embrace challenges and turn them
into opportunities to grow. Say yes more than no to new
opportunities. See the growth opportunity in your
mistakes and failures. Take the time to write, journal about mistakes and
failures, learn from your mistakes. Mistakes are incredible tools. Take mistakes and failures as striving for more rather than a defeat. Start journeying towards your dreams you wrote about. Ask for assistance.
Let the journey begin.






Comments
Post a Comment